So, since we all know where my blog last left off, I thought I should update a bit. Nathan spent all day Wednesday sick: 103 fever, lethargy, loss of appetite, etc. I was SURE we were doomed. I spent part of the evening in a controlled panic over how sick we were going to be getting. Thursday morning he woke up FINE. No, I mean it. FINE. As though nothing ever happened.
Now Nathan is our fever kid. God is revisiting that delight upon me since I did it to my own parents. He gets a fever if his lips are too chapped. It's his thing and he does pathetic well. Dane had had a cold earlier in the week and I'm almost convinced that Nathan caught Dane's cold and then did it up Nathan style. But that was the end of our illness. No, I mean it. That one day was it. Not to say that we won't get swine flu or intestinal illnesses or boils or festering eye diseases this winter but for round one we won the fight.

All this to say, sister's weekend in Yakima did occur. And that my mom showered us all with delicious homemade food and pies and love and kindness. And that my dad and his son-in-laws spent hours playing music and creating a band name: Wayne and the In-laws. And that us sisters shopped and went out on Saturday night and ate and sipped drinks and laughed ourselves crazy. And talked about our general awesomeness. Because really, we hold the market on awesome sisterhood. And we spent a moment in gratuitous self love and praised our parents for giving us such stunning DNA. Because the thing is, you can only say that with your sisters without sounding like a pompous jerk.
We also talked about how it is frightening in some ways to be so blessed because you become acutely aware of how much you stand to lose. Lianna said it best when she said, "I choose to focus on the fact that when hardships happen I will have the rock of my family to get me through it."
That is why sisters and family rock. Seems like I've said this before...

3 comments:
Yay! I've been waiting for a an updated blog to make sure you all were okay. Now I can rest easy. :) I'm so glad that Nathan is feeling better and even more glad that your sister's weekend was not spoiled! You all look smokin' by the way. Love you!
I'm just sad it's over. BUT, we DO have another birthday on the horizon to celebrate. WOO-HOO!
I'm pretty sure I never feel more jealous about my lack of sisters than when I read your blog. ;) I think it's wonderful that you're all so close.
Post a Comment