
You know you are a ripped off fourth kid when your mother announces your impending existence in the world in a blog post mostly dedicated to her incapacitating illness. I figure the time has come to give the kid a bit more attention.
I am currently ten weeks pregnant and due on June 13. We are THRILLED about this new baby. We have always wanted four kids and have had a few set backs getting here which makes it all the sweeter that things are going well. We had an ultrasound two weeks ago and saw a healthy baby with a healthy heartbeat. Things look good.
The baby seems to have Greg's tall lanky frame and my sense of humor. Lucky kid.
Telling our kids was a kick. The last time I was pregnant Nathan wasn't quite 1 yet (I know, holy cow) and Aubrey was only 2 1/2. Needless to say there was never an official announcement. This time though we sat the kids down and both Aubrey and Nathan really got it. Aubrey gasped and covered her mouth when we told them. She then proceeded to say, "We need a bed! We need baby food! We need baby clothes!" Nathan is delighted with the idea of my stomach getting big. He also puts on a dramatic show of being punched and falling down, a dramatization of what will happen to him when he feels the baby kick in my stomach. Dane points to my tummy, says, "BABY??" and then runs away. He's certain he's the baby we are talking about.
Aubrey is committed to helping us pick the perfect name. She only suggests girl names and some of the suggestions include "Jennika", "Berry", "Longa", and "Jennifer." Needless to say we appreciate her creativity and will try to make her think the actual baby's name was her idea.
I am looking forward to the end of unrelenting nausea.
There you have it. The Jones Six is in the works. We couldn't be more thrilled.
5 comments:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, SHE is so cute but I think she has your cheeks. Are you EVER going to make the announcement to my family (although Lisa reads your blog so I guess you kind of already have) so I can send out my gleeful message. YAY for babies!!! ESPECIALLY when they are grandbabies!
"Berry" shall be the baby's name!! :) I love it. When I asked my nieces what we should name Cole when we found out he was a boy, Emma said, "how about Sara." While I'm sure you agree Sara is a GREAT name, I asked to maybe come up with a boy name, to which she replied "Boots." He was referred to as "Boots" for the next 20 weeks and Emma was DEVISTATED and still at age 4 doesn't quite understand why we don't call him Boots. :) Don't you just love Dora the Explorer?!
Baby's so cute! I think it's a girl too! And Aubrey's names are hilarious. Hopefully this baby will start being nicer to you shortly! And I hope she makes her arrival 3 days early. You've paid your dues - you deserve for one to come early. Maybe you should start discussing this with her now.
Congratulations Sara! My mom would be as excited as Julie if I could give her that news, but I am afraid that my sanity level (which obviously tops off WAY before yours) has been met. :)
Good luck with the pregnancy!
"Longa" has my vote. It's very ethnic sounding...much like she will look, I'm sure. :)
What a fun post!! I am just giddy for you guys, and I too think (hope) it is a girl.
Only a couple more weeks of the
1st trimester blues...hang in there! It was like a switch turned off for me and all my horrid symptoms were gone one day when I woke up. Glorious.
Love the picture! Are you showing yet?? Or just feeling bloated? :) Can't wait to hear details about Longa. Here's to baby #4!!
Love to you all!
Post a Comment