Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A uterine name for a uterine Jones

As many of you may know, us crazy Joneses don't find out the gender of our babies until they are born. To get around calling the baby "It" for nine months, we always give our unborn babies a nick name. Thus far we have had Indie, Deuce, and Trey. The nick name for this baby has been a topic of debate UNTIL I received this email from my dad:


Sara and Greg,

Though it doesn't mean I haven't thought it, I've not yet said how happy I am for you and your baby number 4, and selfishly, our grand-baby number 5.
Now, this important info: if it's a boy and he's not named Ralph, I'll be hugely disappointed. If it's a girl and she's not named Cleopatra, I'll be devastated. But, it's not all about me (although it really is).
One thought for a temporary in-uterine name as this baby hangs out pool side is..........wait for it............wait for it.............MoJo.......you know, More Jones or MoJo Jones. I think there's a confident foresight to this nothing-but-net, slam-dunk of a name selection without copycat boredom or aristocratic snobbish pretense.
Mucho love,
DadWayne

Thanks Dad, it's a done deal. Welcome baby MoJo!


(p.s. While MoJo is great, Cleopatra and Ralph are not. Sorry Dad.)

6 comments:

Jules said...

Even I had no idea what gears were turning in your father's abstract mind so he hadn't even run the name past me so it was just as much a surprise for me as it was for you. However, I really did laugh at his message, he is so random. I'm glad we have lots of girls to take care of us when we both lose it for good.

KayLynn said...

MoJo?!?!?! Why, it's BRILLIANT! Love it! We love More Joneses!

Angela said...

Very brilliant and hilarious! :)

Erin said...

Perfect! Now I know where you get your witty writing from! :)

Jenny said...

MoJo is perfect! I think that should be the baby's name. MJ for short. :)

Unknown said...

And thus is the genetic source of your warped sense of humor revealed. ;)

Love MoJo!