Wednesday, November 11, 2009

MIA

Where has Sara gone you ask? Well, I have walked to the edge of illness hell and am creeping my way back slowly. Since Sunday I have been a shivering, feverish, aching, vomiting disaster. Greg stayed home Monday and Tuesday and my sweet mother-in-law Marian took care of us today. I'm the proud owner of Tamiflu and an anti-nausea med and frequent Tylenol.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, I'm pregnant! Nine and a half weeks and I'm already putting this poor baby to task. The pregnancy is wonderful but has made this lovely situation all the more complicated. And stressful.

After a useless trip to my family doc today and a helpful phone call to my ob I finally got the anti-nausea meds I need to stop barfing and keep some fluids down. Tonight, for the first night in days, I'm feeling human. Not perfect, but human. I'm thinking I might survive.

Send us healthy prayers. Okay, mostly me, but preventing the rest of my family from getting this would be lovely.

p.s. Is there a doc in the house? (You know who you are.) Could I have gotten H1N1 from my kids after they had their live nasal vaccine? I'm convinced.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Sara, I'm so relieved to hear that you are feeling better. I have anxiously been waiting for an update. I can't believe you've been feeling that bad for so many days. Keep getting plenty of rest and make sure and take care of that little baby you're growing! I'm so glad I don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore...secrets out! :)

Don't forget to fill us in on your birthday festivities. What did you end up doing?

Take care of yourself, I hope you're feeling 100% soon! Love you.

KayLynn said...

Glad to hear you're feeling some better! I've been getting updates from Mom - I haven't wanted to pester! But we've been praying for you guys. I wish I was there to help you out...

Fouty4 said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. PLEASE let me know what we can do to help! You're in our prayers!

Angela said...

Well Congratulations preggy! :) I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear how awfully sick you have been. GET BETTER! You are most certianely in our thoughts and prayers. And here's to the rest of your house staying well too!

Shone said...

Sara,

So happy to hear the new that you are expecting!

So sorry to hear that you have been sick.

((Healthy prayers are on the way!))

Amber Chase said...

Congrats!! Not on the being sick part;) Hope you are feeling better! Missed you Tuesday. You've been in that "need to call" file in my brain, I just filed it too deep!

Erin said...

Congratulations!!!! About the pregnancy, not the H1N1. :)

Larson log said...

Oh, Sara, Congratulations on the pregnancy! I am so very happy for you!

Unknown said...

A little tidbit: "Have you read Sara's blog lately?" is code for "Sara's pregnant." Just so you know. ;)

You and your hair looked so great on Sunday that I never would have known you were barely removed from your deathbed. So glad you're feeling better!

And CONGRATULATIONS!!! Four rocks. (Or would that be rock?)