Monday, March 15, 2010

Nathan Noodle



I realized that my little Nathan needed some blog face time. Plus, he's been full of funny comment that I must record for posterity. And he's cute. And funny. And Mr. Mischief.

A few weeks back Nathan wasn't feeling well and was lying on the couch. Greg and I were both sitting by him and he told us that he thought the sickness was starting in his left arm. (He had a nasty stomach bug.) He then showed us with his other hand how the tummy ache had traveled from his left arm, down his legs, across his body, and into his stomach. He then asked if we could put "Boo Boo Buddy" on his left hand to make him feel better.

Large vocabularies are genetic in my family. My mother is a walking dictionary. During childhood we picked up many of her words just from osmosis. I seem to be passing it along. Nathan was describing how good Cadbury mini eggs taste. "Delicious. Or scrumptious. Or DAZZLING." (I actually think dazzling came from the "Fancy Nancy" books.) I was cracking up and Aubrey wanted to know why. Nathan told her it was because he was, "very witty." Ironically I asked him the other day what witty meant and he looked at me as though I were speaking Russian. But it's true, he is quite witty.

He got new "Cars" and "Buzz Lightyear" jammies. Yes, we fully support the poor, financially depressed people of Disney. He wore his Buzz Lightyear jammies for 36 hours straight. He would stand on the couch and push all the buttons on the shirt (you know, the ones that are part of the material) and zoom around the house. When I finally made him take them off to wash them he told me that I had made him "so so sad."

He's almost four, can you believe it?? He is a great addition to everyday.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Let's hear it for NATHAN!!!! In case you didn't know, I really, Really, REALLY love him!!!!!

Angela said...

I love the stories! he is hilarious and ADORABLE and I simply can't believe he will be turning 4. tell him to STOP growing up so fast.