Thursday, March 4, 2010

The proverbial blink of an eye


Tomorrow we enroll Aubrey for kindergarten.


Aubrey can tie her shoes now.

Yesterday she asked about getting her ears pierced. (!!!!!)

She is anxious to take the training wheels off her bike.

She can almost do a real cartwheel.

She is an artist and writer extraordinaire. Our house is wallpapered with her beautiful pictures, saying things like, "To: Mommy, Love: Aubrey."

She FINALLY weighs enough to be in a booster seat.

She always puts together her own outfits and is usually a mismatched beauty.

She told me, "Mommy, I don't need to hold your hand when we cross the street because I looked very carefully." This is true but I made her hold it anyways because I like it.

IT'S BEEN SAID 1 MILLION TIMES, BUT DON'T BLINK. She is growing up WAY too fast.


2 comments:

Jules said...

This actually made me a little misty. Dad and I used to expound on how quickly you girls grew up and moved away and now we're expounding on how quickly our grandkids are growing up. Am I going to have to start looking for great-grandkids already????

Angela said...

what an amazing, sweet, awesome little girl! :)