Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tread lightly

These are quotes, all from the last week:

"Whoa, you have really popped out there!"

"Is it going to be a huge baby?"

"I have a co-worker in your exact same position, three months to go and already really big."

"You must be getting close to the end, huh?"

"It is your fourth, that's probably why you're already so big."

Dear friends, watch out. Hell hath no fury like a PREGNANT woman scorned.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Amen sister! I have gotten so many of those. People REMEMBER the ONLY thing we want to hear when we are pregnant is how ADORABLE we look, OKAY!?!

Jules said...

Sara, I probably shouldn't tell you this but when Carol and Grandpa were here Carol said "Boy is Sara pregnant, I'm so used to her being skinny so it was strange seeing her so big". I personally think you are sleek and racy (now I expect you to skew the B.L. results next week to insure I take second).

KayLynn said...

If I would have been with you when you heard any of those comments, I would have punched them in the face. I'm really angry at all those people right now. I hope they all eat rotten food and get food poisoning. Or else get no food at all for awhile so they get distended bellies and then you can say to them, "Oh my gosh, you look really huge."

And way to go adding fuel to the fire, Mom!!! I think you look wonderful, sis.

Greg Jones said...

Carol may or may not have been responsible for the "IS the baby going to be huge?" comment.

KayLynn, thanks for thinking about punching them in the face. That would have made me happy to see.

Angela said...

I am starting to get a complex myself...Tyler said to me tonight, "mom your belly and butt are getting really big". Then I was about to sit on the couch and asked Tyler to move over or I might sit on him and Adam piped in "that would be A LOT of weight!". Then as I was reading Grace a bedtime story she pointed to the hippo and said "that's my mommy?". Awesome, even my children have turned on me! :) LOL

Jenny said...

OKay, these comments made me laugh, especially your last comment Angela. Trust me, I'm not laughing AT you, just relieved that I'm not alone in the "huge belly" category.

My coworkers don't believe that I'm not having twins. Yesterday, the City Manager walked by my desk and asked me if I was having trouble reaching my keyboard yet. I was thinking "Um, why don't you put your face down here by my keyboard and we'll see if I can reach it..."

One of the kids at Anna's daycare was staring at me and he walked up and poked me in the belly and said "your belly is REALLY big!" Thanks buddy...thanks.

Sara, I haven't seen you lately but I'm sure you look fabulous; you always do in your pregnancies. Don't let anyone tell you differently!

Sackmanns said...

some people are so rude.

but seriously i could use you in place of my yoga ball.

Jules said...

Oh for the love of all that's holy, I just nearly ruptured something after reading Lianna's comment. Seriously, I nearly did myself physical harm! Lianna you are HILARIOUS!!!!!!