This post is to keep people in the loop since I know you are dying of curiosity. You know, since you don't have your own life to lead and are anxious to live vicariously through my pregnant moving life.
The house selling process continues. Things look very good but we are waiting on the appraisal of the buyer's house as well as ours. Due to the nature of the buyer's situation our closing date is FAST. We are outta here on April 15. Between now and then the kids and I are making a trip to see my grandparents and then we're all heading to Yakima for Easter and then having a moving weekend. It will be here in the blink of an eye.
All this moving stuff is making me forgetful and disorganized. I forgot about my hair appointment the other day until I glanced at the calendar two minutes before I was supposed to be there. Thankfully I have been seeing Rachel for a long time and she laughed and even allowed me to reschedule. Thanks for the grace there Rachel. I only have two brain cells left and they never fire simultaneously.
We are starting to unpack. We have many boxes already over at our new house so Greg and I spent a few hours last night getting some things put away. I know we are in a unique situation but this is such a nice way to move. Gradually.
My folks are coming this weekend to help. My dad is going to help Greg dismantle the swing set and my mom is going to help me work on some misc. packing, moving of boxes, and unpacking. Sometimes I look at the things my parents still are always doing for one of their four kids (or Greg's parents and their two kids) and I think, you never stop being a parent. That's cool with me, I hope my kids still need us when they are all grown up.
When are you pregnant, you can pull all sorts of weird muscles that you didn't know you had.
I haven't felt overly anxious the last few days but my dream life indicates otherwise. The past three nights I have had variations on my classic stress dream. They always involve school, me ignoring or not knowing about a particular class, and then realizing I still have to take the final and oh, shoot, it starts in ten minutes. Last night I had forgotten to write that pesky Ph.D. thesis that I was scheduled to defend in an hour. The night before I realized the day of the final that I had been enrolled in a particle physics class. The night before that I chose to blow off a semester's worth of classes only to find myself attending all the finals. Do you have a specific dream when you are stressed? I call mine nerd dreams because, as you can deduce, my nightmares are made up of doing poorly in school. THE HORROR!!!!
Time for a nap. Happy trails to you!
4 comments:
We hope you always need us! :)
I always have the school dreams as well! And it always seems to be that I am the last one to show up to class and everyone else is talking about specific things that will be on the test, and of course I have no idea what they are talking about! I have been known to wake up in the middle of the night in a complete sweat due to these pesky dreams! I am officially glad it isn't just me. The only difference is that I am not pregnant! :)
Sara, Congrats on the house deal moving along! I hope everything continues to go fast/smooth for you.
Funny you should mention dreams. I continually dream about looking for a place "to go to the bathroom", but can't find one! NOT A GOOD THING for a woman my age! So far I've been lucky, no accidents....
I am so glad that you update your blog. When I have time to call and see how you are doing. I know that usually it would not be a good time to do so. So, I bring up your blog and get a picture of how you are doing. Thanks for shareing!! I appreciate that I am not the only one that seems to have lots her memory. ;-)
Post a Comment