Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Samuel Montgomery Brandon

I kept putting this post off because I was waiting on pictures. However, since technical issues are keeping pictures from coming, I want to announce that I'm am auntie again!!! Samuel was born on Monday, October 4 at 7:28 in the morning. 7 pounds, 6 ounces, 20 inches, and already telling everyone that I'm his favorite aunt. I got to see him on I-chat and he is perfectly wonderfully precious.


My mom is with my sister this whole week, doing what our mama does best after one of her babies has a baby: cooking, cleaning, potty training, groceries, fetching pillows, providing nap opportunities, and making you wonder how on earth you will survive without her. KayLynn is doing awesome. She had Samuel at home with a midwife and has had nothing but good things to say about the experience. David is so excited to have a boy and it sounds as though Claire is ambivalent. She is far too excited to have Grandma around as her constant playmate to pay too much attention to boring new brother.

I will post pictures when the come. In the meantime, CONGRATULATIONS DEAR BRANDON FAMILY, and welcome to the world little Samuel!!

p.s. I think his name is fabulous. Montgomery is our maiden name for those of you who don't know and Samuel is a strong name and a worthy man of God in the Bible. I love it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, auntie!

I love your blog banner (can't believe how much Dane looks like Aubrey--and Greg, of course--in it!) and adore that photo of Greg & Johanna. Who took it?

Carrie McCoy said...

A good name indeed! (considering that I married a Samuel) :)

Jenny said...

Congrats Auntie! I just saw Sam's (is that what they'll be calling him?)pictures on Facebook and he is absolutely adorable!! What an amazing exerience to have a home birth...not one I want to have, but good for her! :) I bet you can't wait to get your little paws on him! I'm so excited they had a boy, and I love the name Samuel!

Jenny said...

Congrats Auntie! I just saw Sam's (is that what they'll be calling him?)pictures on Facebook and he is absolutely adorable!! What an amazing exerience to have a home birth...not one I want to have, but good for her! :) I bet you can't wait to get your little paws on him! I'm so excited they had a boy, and I love the name Samuel!

KayLynn said...

Ah, thanks for the sweet post, sister! Samuel's a blessed baby!

Jules said...

I just have to add how completely adorable and precious our little Samuel is too. And it was a completely AMAZING experience being at their home as KayLynn, alias Stud Muffin Supreme, gave birth to our newest angel. I could never begin to say enough good things about her fabulous midwife. It ALMOST made me wish I could have another baby to experience a home birth as it truly was wonderful.

Jules said...

And by the way Sara, thanks for the mama shout-out, it made me misty. IF I do all that you say it is a total labor of love and I feel so fortunate that my girls actually want me there after their babies are born, not everybody is that fortunate and it is a far bigger blessing to me than to you.