Monday, December 7, 2009

It's alive!!

It being me. Because I am alive. I lost my blogging mojo (not to be confused with baby Mojo) for a while but am back and running.

What have you missed? I turned 30 and my head didn't fall off. We celebrated a truly wonderful Thanksgiving with my family in Yakima. Four days of eating, family, games, shooting of guns, laughing, and general merriment. And I'd like to say for the record that it was NOT the sisters' idea for the men to take on the FOUR SISTERS in Taboo. Seriously? You cannot compete with that kind of common history. And freaking good Taboo skills. Rematch anyone? Hannah and I were also the pinochle goddesses. Yes, really cool people play pinochle. They also kill everyone else in it for days on end. Here's a cyber high five to you dear sister Hannah and your mad card playing skills.

In other news, Dane was diagnosed with strep throat on Friday. That was loads of fun. He was twice as upset by that as he was his broken arm. By upset I mean hysterical and heart breaking all day. He's doing great now and so far no one else has succumbed which is a blessing. We had no phone service all weekend but we're back in business today. Aubrey has a tea party scheduled with three little friends on Friday. We are loving our Christmas decorations and the excuse to drink a ton of hot chocolate. Life feels good. We are cozy and warm and happy. Plus, I am feeling better!!! Pregnancy nausea will not kill me and we're onto the second trimester of being cute and increasingly round.

This is a quick update. I have BIG news coming up but want some pictures before I post on it. (Some of you already know so don't think we're having twins or won the lottery.)

God bless us, each and everyone! (I shouldn't quote things if I'm not sure they are correct.)

4 comments:

KayLynn said...

You really shouldn't quote anything unless you're ready to cite it, give a parallel cite, the deciding court, and year.
A more appropriate quotation would be:
"God bless Us, Every One." Carlos Dickens, A Christmas Carol and other Christmas stories at 138, The Christmas Books of Charles Dickens at 76 (1843).

Can you tell I've been spending too much time writing for law school.

Carrie McCoy said...

Um Sara, that was so not cool to taunt us like that. Not cool at all!

Jules said...

Neener, neener, I know the news, I know the news. Of course, I pretty much know everything.

Brittany said...

Welcome back! Did you get my frantic messages on both your house line and your cell phone? Glad to hear that you are well and that you've been thoroughly enjoying the holiday season. I've missed your posts.

Um . . .do I know the news? I have a guess, but will not guess in such a public forum in case I'm wrong--or right.