Things around here continue to move at a frantic pace but not so frantic that I cannot acknowledge that our current baby turned two! Dane celebrated as any good two year old does. He knew he was awesome, he knew he deserved presents and cake, and he knew that he could say things like "Sing mo happy" and everyone would sing him Happy Birthday once again. He is still our snuggly little boy, a lover of his daddy, a lover of airplanes (hence the cake), a master at the art of apologizing ("Soey brover. Give me?" (Sorry brother, forgive me?) ), and an increasingly adept pest. WE LOVE YOU DANE!!!!!!
Because we couldn't just have a birthday party this weekend, we also conned most of our family members into helping us paint our new house. Greg and I did the prep work over the last week and a half so Greg, my dad, my sister Lianna, and my brother-in-law Matt tackled, and finished, all the painting on Saturday. My father-in-law did other work on the house, helped paint on Saturday, and helped us, along with my mother-in-law, take down all the tape on Sunday. Yeah! Job DONE! My mom hung out with the kids and me (Mojo doesn't like paint fumes) and helped me do birthday party prep and scrub out my utility room. You guessed it, Greg and I are indentured servants to every member of our family for as long as we shall live.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Dane-o!!! It looks like a wonderful party, and Sara, major props on the cake! Dane looks like such a big boy in those pictures...when did that happen?
Can't wait to see "after" pictures of the new house!!
Oh my gosh, Dane seriously gets cuter by the SECOND! I agree with Jenny too, the cake was super cute! Did you wing that or did you have a pattern? Give him smooches from Auntie and sing him "Happy" one more time from the Brandons. (P.S. His and Nathan's little gifts from David are 100% done and rock this WORLD!!! Now we're just trying to figure out how to get them to you...)
Isn't my Dane darling? I quite agree.
Thanks for the cake props. Thursday I called mom and said in a desperate voice, "I need a pattern for an airplane cake by tomorrow and have no time. Have mercy and find one for me!" She did and I was off. I also followed the advice of a friend and froze the cake, frosted it once, froze it again, and did the decorative frosting last. It kept crumbs out of the frosting and made it much prettier I think. Dane's whole face lit up when he saw it, it was a great reaction and worth all the work.
Umm, where have I been? I don't know when you posted this but I just now saw it! :) Very adorable cake, WOW,WhEN did you find time to do that superwoman? Happy Birthday to Dane, again i will say WHERE does the time go?
Post a Comment