These are things that happened today:
I came to the realization that maintaining and deep cleaning my house for this move while children inhabit it is sure to make all my hair fall out. And more importantly, is impossible.
I came to this realization while attempting to scrub off my stove. Nathan took all the bedding off our bed and Dane emptied two boxes that I had just packed.
Aubrey loves to color but it always involves cutting paper and glitter. These are things that make a huge mess. I am tired of huge messes.
I reached into my dryer to remove a clean load of clothing. I had turned the dryer off hours before and left the door ajar. When I reached it my hands touched SOMETHING WET and it took but a moment to realize that a cat had jumped in and peed on my clean clothes.
I locked both cats out in the rain and wished for hail.
I don't like going to Home Depot. It is less fun to go with children. It is a true misery to go if you must go and have to go with children and have something you must get done.
While at Home Depot I was explaining to the washer/dryer salesman why I didn't want to own a front loading washer that had to have the door left ajar because it was a safety issue with the kids. This is while Nathan and Dane were spitting at one another and trying to leave shoe imprints on the other child's face. I think the man wondered why I even cared.
I made a chicken pot pie for our friends who just had twins. (Yes, the type of dinner matters to the story.) I put it on the passenger side floor of the van. Then I had to run back inside for something I had forgotten. When I came back out I found Dane in the front seat and he had STEPPED IN THE POT PIE. I yelled like a banshee and sat on the floor of the van and cried. The kids were stunned into submission for the rest of the car ride.
I need a raise.
Something good happened today but I didn't want to list it above and remove any doubt that today was a misery. I started potty training Dane today. Woke up and stuck him in underwear. He didn't have an accident ALL DAY LONG and told me when he had to go. He even told me during Greg's basketball game. Since I have bragged about this he is sure to poop his pants three times tomorrow but hey, I'll take what I can get.
5 comments:
This is not helping convince me that I should have a 3rd child . . . .
I can't believe all this happened in one day--wait, yep, I can. And I'm so sorry about the pot pie--pot pie is a major pain to make!
Way to go Dane, extra credit for being a bright spot in a hard day.
That sucks, and I mean REALLY sucks, I wish I lived closer so I could help. You know, it really may be worth it in a month or so to pay somebody to really dig in and do the deep cleaning. Make a list for what Dad and I can do while we're watching the kids next weekend, nothing is too disgusting. Dad loves to scrub toilets you know.
As for those #*$&%(@&^!!! cats, I hate cats! You do remember when ours walked across all my Thanksgiving pies that year don't you. And you remember when we came home from Christmas one year and Snaps had puked on everything pukable. And remember when Wink had diarrhea and started his business while coming through the pet door and ended when he wiped his butt all the way across my living room carpet. I hate cats.
BUT, I LOVE my little awesome Danish Doodle! He is AWESOME and I'm so proud of him. Although people seem to not believe it this day and age, it really is possible to train a 2 year-old, there wasn't one of you still in diapers at 2 years old. Apparently 3 is the magic age to start training a kids these days, you know, when they can discuss with you that they want their man-sized dump removed from their butt. Don't get me started, it's just gross and lazy as far as I'm concerned. I bet I just stirred a bee hive there but I, for one, am TIRED of changing 3+ year-olds, it's absurd! GOOD FOR YOU AND GOOD FOR DANE! I'm proud of you both.
Sorry you had a bad bad bad afternoon! but I did chuckle at this post and my reason being is that I HAVE BEEN THERE! We could totally write a sitcom. Think of it, the funniest sitcoms involve kids because they are so wacky and unpredictable and some days they just make things difficult. Just think in a few months you'll be moved, your house will be sold, Dane will be potty trained(okay that one will happen next week) and your new baby girl will be here:) LOL
I feel terrible for laughing at your expense, but the way you tell the story is hilarious.
I'm so sorry you had a sucky sucky days Sara. I hope today was better! And way to go Dane!!! That is awesome!
Dane and I need to get motivated to potty train Anna. She's gone pee and poop in the toilet (mostly at daycare, where other kids are doing it) and she's peed a couple times in the toilet for us. It mostly comes down to Dane and I being lazy. We need to commit and do it! I don't want two kids in diapers! Maybe that's a project we'll tackle when we get back from vacation.
Hope your day was brighter today!
Love you!
Brian and I laughed out loud about the washer/dryer salesman! :)
Post a Comment