Sunday, January 24, 2010

A tutorial: where laundry comes from

This is what Dane wore today:


1. Ate breakfast in his jammies. Spilled milk all over them. Must be washed.

2. Got dressed for church. That outfit made it through lunch. Covered in lunch. (Bibs never work well enough.) Stripped down for nap time. Pants and shirt must be washed.

3. Up from nap. Put on clothes. He spilled milk on himself. New outfit must be washed.

4. Took the kids swimming. Put on his swim shirt and swim trunks and another freaking outfit on over this.

5. Went swimming. Chlorine saturated swim clothes require washing.

6. Took kids out to McDonalds for dinner. (They deserved our attention and treats today after all the cleaning we did yesterday.) Dane got caramel dipping sauce on both pants and shirt. Guess what? That needs washed too.

Add two more kids to this, parents, and all the swim wear. I promise that I meant is sweetly when I told Greg that Mojo was going to be another laundry producing sleep stealer. You know, a really CUTE laundry producing sleep stealer.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm exhausted after just reading this. I hear you on the multiple outfits during the day though. I've got to say that Anna has this rockin' bib that catches most everything, but she sometimes finds a way to get her food on her shirt/pants most of the time. At what age do they become "cleaner" eaters??

You really should get this bib that Anna has. I got it at Fred Meyer and it's rubber with a big pocket that catches almost everything. After breakfast, there is always a river of milk in it from her cereal, and at lunch and dinner, she can root around in there and eat the stuff she drops! :) The best part is that you DON'T HAVE TO THROW IT IN THE LAUNDRY! Just put it under the faucet to clean and let it dry..easy cheesy! Seriously...best bib ever!

Shone said...

Thanks for the tip Jenny! I must make it to Freddie's to pick one of these bibs up.

Sara, my favorite time of the year is the warm summer months. When you can just rinse your kids off with the hose and let them air dry. Your posting gave me spring fever. ;-)

Angela said...

Amen to the hose and I think I will be purchasing a bib like anna's. Laundry is a drag! Grace is into changing clothes 100 times a day...seriously girls are very different than boys.

Jules said...

There was a time I did 3-4 loads of laundry a day. Now I do about 2 a week, I prefer that.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I've been "looking for you". I have missed you, and am thrilled to keep up with you on your blog. Congratulations on #4. When are you due?