Saturday, January 30, 2010

How about a knuckle sandwich?

Ready for two kids stories? Ignore me if you've heard them.


The kids got to watch a movie the other day. Aubrey says in her most sincere, altruistic voice, "Nathan, you can pick out the movie." I congratulate her on her willingness to put others first and selflessness. Nathan graciously accepts the offer. He walks downstairs. He innocently looks up and says, "I'd like to watch Tarzan." Aubrey responds by SCREAMING "I HATE TARZAN!!!!!" and smacking Nathan as hard as she can. I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard from the absurdity of it all. She spent the next ten minutes in time out, shrieking until she was out of breath. Then she came up and watched Tarzan with nary a complaint. Today she told me, "If Dane wants to watch Tarzan that would be fine with me."

Later that same day Greg was bathing the kids. He stepped into the other room to get their pajamas and Nathan began to yell, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" Greg and I both fly in there and he is crying deep, shuddering sobs. "Aubrey won't play 'Keep hitting yourself' with me!" Translation: Nathan was using Aubrey's own hand to whack her repeatedly in the face and then told on her when she said she would NOT play that game anymore. Obviously.

I'm so glad I never hit my sisters and only treated them with loving kindness and gentle respect. KayLynn, Lianna, and Hannah, you're welcome.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Even though, yes, I heard the stories before, it still was able to elicit a giggle out of me. Is it anything like the time two of your sisters were fighting over a pair of underwear that neither of them liked and the fight moved to the kitchen where the stove ended up being torn away from the wall? I think that one resulted in a broken tailbone and a lost contact lens.

Jenny said...

Julie, I thought of the exact same example! I'm glad you brought it up...I would have if you didn't. :)

Sara, your stories made me laugh. Kids are hilarious sometimes!

Angela said...

Thanks for the kids stories, maybe my kids are normal after all!?!

KayLynn said...

Holy cow those are funny stories. I had not heard them.

Things Sara used to do to me:
1. Wring dirty kitchen dishrags out over my head.
2. Turn on a CD I hated as soon as I walked in the door and pretended she'd been listening to it all along.
3. Play "dictator" when we were home alone and make us (as in me and Lianna) do chores. She'd break out the chalkboard, write down chores for us to do, and then set the timer for like 10 minutes and make us finish them before then.

Hmmm...I'm sure I can think of more but there's just as many about me so I'll leave it at three and say that we've all had good laughs over these things now. Except the dishrag. That's still really gross. :)

You're a great big sister, Sara!!!!