Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Me and my boys

Today while Aubrey was at school I just hung out with two of my three main men. We have been working at the new house a lot lately and all the kids are in need of some attention. This is what we did.


I bathed the boys. I tried very hard to replicate Greg's "Mrs. Shmoochy" voice, the voice of their hand puppet washcloth. Nathan flatly said, "That's not what she sounds like, call Daddy." I did. Greg though this was hilarious. He also refused to do the voice over the phone in the office he was currently sharing with three other people. Sissy. I settled for screaming, "OH THE HUMANITY!" while the boys bit me with plastic sharks. It did the trick.

We read four books. It has to be an even number because they take turns sitting on my lap and the wrath of hell awaits the mom who lets one boy sit on her lap once while the other one gets to twice. As if there was much of a lap these days to fight about. Dane chose "Curious George" and this hideous picture books where you just name random items found in a house. I can't believe I haven't accidentally packed that book yet. Nathan likes all books and is just happy sitting on my lap and hold my hand.

I let Nathan and Dane watch the opening credits to "Top Gun." No, they do not watch any further where there is profanity and death and MATURE AUDIENCE only stuff. But oh, that opening scene with jets. FIGHTER JETS. MOM, CAN WE WATCH MORE FIGHTER JETS?!??!?! LOOK AT THE JETS!!! They then ran their own jets around the room while Nathan yelled, "Incoming Bogey, incoming bogey!" Dad, are you proud?

It was a great morning.

0 comments: