Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A conversation with Aubrey

Jenny directed me towards this cute blog where a mom asked her son a bunch of questions and posted the answers. I enjoyed it so much that I thought I should repeat it. Here are the questions that I asked Aubrey and her word for word answers. Jen, thanks for the great idea! For anyone with kids old enough to do this with, you should try it. It was so fun to hear her answers.

What is something mom always tells you to do?
Today is what you do, you make lunch. (Yep, makes no sense.)

What makes mommy happy?
My heart.

What makes mommy sad?
When you slip. (See earlier post about falling in cat puke.)

What does mommy do that makes you laugh?
How you make me laugh is to say "BOO!" Can you say boo? Does my heart still make you happy?

How old is mommy?
Um, twenty-six.

How tall is mommy?
(Stretch arms high in the air) "Like this!"

What is mommy's favorite thing to do?
Your favorite thing is to wash the dishes.

What does mommy do when you're not around?
Um, cry. You cry and cry and cry.

If mommy were famous what would she be famous for?
(Clearly not understanding the question) Um, famous for my heart.

What is something mommy is good at?
Really good at making some letters. You are good at taking movies down for us.

What is mommy's job?
Your job is to write a message to someone, like that. (She was referencing me writing down her answers.)

What is mommy's favorite food?
Casserole.

What is something you like to do with mommy?
Read books.

If mommy were a cartoon character, what would she be?
You're a creature!

What do you like to do?
To write my name and read books.

How are mommy and Aubrey the same?
How we're the same, we're both pink. (She had on pink butterfly wings and I had on a pink skirt.)

How are mommy and Aubrey different?
We wear different clothes.

How do you know mommy loves you?
You say "I love you, way up to heaven."

4 comments:

Jenny said...

So cute! I'm glad you decided to do this. The day I sent you the email referencing it, was the day you posted about the sickness and cat puke...I thought, "oh, the mommy tag is so not going to be on her to-do list!"

Aubrey's answers were so sweet. I love that all kids think that our favorite thing to do is dishes. That has got to mean that we spend way too much of our life doing them! :)

KayLynn said...

I loved that! I think that (in honor of the Olympics) Aubrey wins the gold in the adorable competition. It actually inspired me to do something similar with Sonny... except he didn't say anything. At one point he made a weird gurgling sound. Eww...

tara said...

I LOVE this post!! It makes me smile to realize how in-the-moment kids are. :)
You can tell Aubrey has such a sweet demeanor.
You're a great mom, Sara!

Jules said...

O.K., this made me eyes leak. Boy do I have the most perfect grandbabies EVER and I'm including Sunny in that.