I will begin by saying that this post will not include a picture of the haircut that is being discussed. My self-esteem isn't feeling up to it.
I got my hair cut today in a new, un-Sara like way. Most distinctly is the addition of bangs. The stylist flat ironed them STICK STRAIGHT so they are severe looking and a drastic change. I'm sure when I get to them the look will be more subtle. These are the remarks my family greeted me with when I got home.
Greg: Um, I'll reserve judgment until I see how you fix it. (His face was saying, "I HATE IT.")
Aubrey (she said all of the following over the course of about fifteen minutes): "Oh Mom, that is a silly silly haircut." "When they asked to cut your hair you should have said 'NO WAY JOSE'!" "Will you come and say good-night with that silly hair?" "Why did you cut your hair?"
Nathan (giggling uncontrollably): "Mama, silly silly silly hair." "YOU ARE SILLY!" "Funny hair mommy."
Great. I will apparently not be leaving the house until they are grow out.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Haircut
Posted by Sara Jones at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh at your expense, but your children's responses are hilarious. It made me giggle. :)
Now of course, I am desperate to see a picture of what it looks like. At least post a picture of it now that you've fixed it the way you want to.
At least hair always grows back. :)
Don't be such a blog tease! ;-) You owe us a picture so that we can either confirm your family's statements, or lavish you with praise as to how beatiful it frames your face.
What did Dane say?
I just cut bangs this summer and had the same reaction - HATED them at first, had to eat dinner with friends who didn't seem to abhor them quite as much. By the third day I started to rally like them. :) Glad to see you're coming around
Post a Comment