Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Catch up

Things are quite different than my last post. I'll begin by saying that we ended up going to Seattle last weekend to meet our new nephew. Lest you think we are an inconsiderate bunch of clods for bringing them the intestinal flu, let me explain.

Greg came home from work on Thursday, thinking he was coming down something. He was nervous, having seen what I went through. I originally thought I had food poisoning but changed my mind when others got sick. Once Greg was home and ate something though he felt fine. Friday morning rolled around and we were all okay. Running, eating, playing. Greg and I thought once again that I probably had food poisoning (which is my final diagnosis on the matter). We called Julie and Jason and got their opinion. They said come so we did. I'm SO GLAD we did because we were healthy and continue to be so. Plus, we didn't miss out on our opportunity to see baby Jonny. He was as beautiful as his pictures and so snuggly. The only thing the pictures didn't do justice was his HAIR! It is amazing. It isn't just long, it's thick. At three weeks old the kid gets bed head! When you hold him you must pet him. Truly, our kids don't have that much hair until nearly two years of age.

While there we also squeezed in a visit to the Tacoma Zoo, stayed with Jason's parents, and got in some good baby snuggling. Jonny is perfect and a great addition to the Jones/Reynolds families. Thanks Julie and Jason for a lovely weekend!

Secondly, happy anniversary to us! Greg and I were married 8 years ago today. Our wonderful friends Angela and Justin share the exact same anniversary as us (they got married four hours before us) so obviously August 5, 2000 was a blessed day from the start. We spent the evening enjoying a special dinner (by special I mean something that had multiple items of food and none of them were pancakes or sandwiches), sipping girly wine that I will drink, and deciding which of the several hundred movies we haven't seen to rent at Blockbuster. Greg is my best friend and a committed partner in all parts of our life and I am so fortunate to be with him. And he's stinking blessed to have me, I am a supremely wonderful wife. :-) Eight years flies by when you are with the person you love. Heck, if we were celebrities people would be asking us for our marriage secrets and how we make it work. I would say with separate closets, lots of snuggles, and a high tolerance for emotional women and men who make awful sounds when eating sunflower seeds. I LOVE YOU GREG!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Well I HAD to comment on this one! We are the wonderful friends you refer to in this post. Congrats on 8 years to you and us! :) I agree it flies by when you are with such a great partner. We got so lucky in that dept...and I agree they got even luckier! :-) Enjoy your movie...we went to Dairy McQueen and had some lizards (Adam's words not mine).

Jenny said...

Sara, I'm so glad that you and your family are feeling better, and even more, that you got to see Jonnie! Any pictures from the weekend?

Happy Anniversary to you and Greg...it sounds like you had a very nice evening together. Eight years is definitely something to be proud of! I have to say...your comment about the sunflower seeds made me almost spit water out my nose. I guess I will wait to take a drink of water until after I'm done reading. :) Enjoy your night together...wink, wink.

Jules said...

Oooooooh Jenny, Sara and Greg are done with that kind of nonsense now that they are done with their family. I don't want to hear another word about it.

But yes, I hope you guys and Angela and Justin had a stress-free and nice day with those good men of yours.

AND, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!!!

Julie said...

Sara, I emailed you about 30 pics of your trip but they started bouncing back. Hopefully I can get them to you without a lot of hassle. I will try again later. Great to see you guys!

Angela said...

Julie! Here's just a few more words about it, didn't you know that Greg and Sara are meant to have 4 kids? I predict they aren't quite done. They need one more girl! :):):):):):)