Wednesday, August 6, 2008

If you were a Nathan this is what you would have done this morning

You would have woken up at 5:45 and crawled into bed with Mom and Dad. You would have laid there peacefully for 2.4 seconds until bursting up and shouting, "I NEED A SNACK!"

You would have said you needed to poop and sat on the toilet for 15 minutes with nothing happening while you sister gives your mom the play by play. "Mom, Nathan is pushing SO HARD, like this, grrrrrrrr! I looked but there's not poop yet. Nathan, do you want a book?"

After getting off the potty with no poop to show for the work you would have promptly pooped your clean underwear and shorts.

You would have been in time out at least five times for various indiscretions like biting your sister, repeatedly not being gentle with your baby brother and shouting "NO WAY!" at your mom when she asked you to finish your milk.

While in time out you would have thrown every shoe off the shoe rack onto the floor. When forced to pick up the mess you would have done so but only done it while wearing a pair of your daddy's shoes. You know, to speed the process up.

You would have dumped out a bag of fishy crackers into your mom's purse at your sister's dance class.

You would have dumped a cup of dad's chewed up sunflower seed shells (see earlier post) onto the floor of the van.

You would have said, "Look Mommy, I do it by myself" to show your mom that you had colored your Uncle David a birthday picture. On the counter.

You would have tried to sign "I love you" to your mommy over and over again and asked for dozens of exploding kisses.

You would have done all of this with the BIGGEST smile on your face.

I LOVE YOU NATHAN!

2 comments:

Angela said...

This is great! Anyone who wonders what a stay at home mom does all day...read this and multiply it by 3 kids! Not too mention keeping up the house etc. Tyler has a very similar laundry list today, only at the bottom add NO NAP!

Jules said...

Sara, you win, Nathan has even more energy than Lianna had and I never dreamed that would be possible. But after taking care of him those brief hours while you were at you class reunion, Dad and I both were exhausted and he was being REALLY good. He just NEVER quits, EVER! It cracks me up when you say you don't have time to exercise, you exercise ALL DAY LONG! I need a nap just from reading your message.