Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When it Rains, it Pours

The Jones Family continues to be under quarantine. Greg finally went to the doctor yesterday after being on day 8 of respiratory illness. They gave him a steroid shot for inflammation and put him on a 10 day dose of antibiotics. Nathan, on day 5 of hacking, lethargy, and not eating got taken to the doctor as well. He is the proud owner of double ear infections. He also hacked so hard after lunch that he threw up all over himself, the bed, and the floor. Dane had acquired a pretty nice cough himself and has slept with us the last two nights. Aubrey and I are the only ones who haven't succumbed yet, must be that strong XX thing. NOT FUN!

In other health reports, Dane had a weight check on Monday after I decided he wasn't putting much weight on. I was right. Just seven ounces in a month, which isn't much at all. Currently he has only put on 1 lb. 4 oz. in the last three months. We decided to go full force with the Zantac and hope that really helps. He is being fed constantly so we're not sure what else to do. He has another weight check next week and a follow up with the doc in two weeks. Any other suggestions on how to fatten a baby?

To say this hasn't been a great day is a gross understatement. What cemented it into awful was when (this is a true story) I slipped on an unseen puddle of kitty barf (yep, you read that right) and crashed to the ground. Where I landed on my hand is swollen and purple and I have nice scrapes on my arm and leg. I HATE OUR CATS and am ready for this day to be over. So, who's coming to my house to clean it and make dinner? Those are two things that aren't happening today.

The pity party isn't over but I'll stop making you hear about it.

4 comments:

Trina said...

Hey there! So sorry to hear about your sick boys and also the kitty barf and crash to the ground. No fun, all around! So to fatten a baby. I had a "friend" (and I use that word loosely) in NV who had a little girl that they had to fatten up. They were told to supplement her with half & half or cream. I can't remember which one. Whether that is a good option, I have no idea, but I thought I would pass it on. Good luck!

Jenny said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry that your family is not feeling well. I hope with Greg on medicine and I'm sure Nathan is too, that they both start to feel better soon. And I hope that Dane's cough doesn't turn into anything more...it's never fun to see your little wee ones sick.

The day is over now and hopefully everyone gets a good night sleep.

If it makes you feel any better, Dane and I are watching the Olympics swimming right now and the announcer just said some guy from Japan is "the best breast stroker in the world". Hee Hee. That made us giggle. :)

Julie said...

I hope things get better soon for you guys! So after about four nights of Jonny being really fussy, pretty much inconsolable despite anything we have tried to do for him, I have come to the conclusion that he has developed an ear infection himself, since he is more suseptable to them with his cleft and he has had his cold. I'm taking him to the doctor today to check it out. Hopefully our little boy will be better soon as well, we'll keep you posted.

Julie said...

looks as tho Jonny does not have an ear infection, so thats good! I just really never want to hear how loud he will cry if he does end up with one!