Okay, so moose might be an exaggeration but Dane's weight check appointment today went well. He was 17 lbs. 2 oz. That means over the last three weeks he has put on about a half an ounce a day and stabilized at about the 15th percentile for weight. Both the doc and I were happy with this. As long as his weight stays consistent it doesn't matter where on the chart he falls. The funnier thing to me is that since his 6 month appointment he has grown over 2 inches, to 29 1/4 inches today. That put him at the 95th percentile for length! Those stats seem more reptilian than human but we are satisfied none the less.
The doc said his only concern was for our future grocery bill. He said Dane is the sort of kid who as a teenage will eat 7000 calories a day and struggle to maintain 110 lbs. Since Dane is going to be "wispy" (as Greg put it), he'd better learn how to outrun his brother because there is nothing wisp like about our Nathan! As for Aubrey, it wont' matter her physical size, I have no doubt that she will rule the roost!
Monday, August 25, 2008
He's a moose!
Posted by Sara Jones at 1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THAT'S MY BOY! Way to "chunk up" Dane. Having said that though, that perfect little man has always looked healthy to me and the only reason I could see for his skinniness is the fact that he NEVER sits still so I was never too worried. All my grandchildren are perfect and I better not hear otherwise from anybody!
Yay! Sara, I'm so relieved to hear that the appt. went well and that Dane is putting weight on like a champ. Good job Dane-o! It seems like the culprit was his excessive vomitting since he now is on meds for it and it is so much better. I'm just glad to hear the good report!
Hooray Dane! Hooray weight gain! I knew he'd be fine... although I stand by my original comment that being thin or "wispy" isn't so bad. In fact, Dane will soon learn that being thin gives him a natural advantage against predators: he can turn sideways and disappear!!
Also, don't worry about his apparent inclination towards reptilian traits. Being half reptile isn't all bad, after all, it will allow him to unhinge his jaw and swallow things 3/4 his body weight... a handy skill for any child. You'll only have to worry about cleaning up after him when he sheds his old skin...
Post a Comment