In blinding contrast to a post of not long ago, we have experienced a weekend of sheer genuine family splendor. It is not over stated to say we have drown ourselves in unstructured, no expectations FUN and really loved being a family. Seriously. The superlatives I'm using will make most think of an over enthusiastic sports announcer but we have really lived it up this weekend.
An early trip to Greenbluff set the tone. Good heavens, why didn't someone tell us 10 years ago that it is SO MUCH BETTER to go there in September than October?? Last year the farms more closely resembled Mardi Gras than down home living. Yesterday the kids could run around, chase chickens, flop onto hay bales and pumpkins and eat kettle corn, all without threat of being consumed by a tidal wave of people. We then got lost on the way home (left the compass at back at the farm I guess), pretended it was intentional, and went on an hour drive while the kids slept in the car. Greg and I reminisced about our first kiss, our first apartment, and our first good week of sleep in years, laughing all the way (ha ha ha ha! Bells on bobtails ring...)
Last night was finished with a visit to G&G Jones where we ate up succulent vittles and good conversation. Greg's aunt and uncle and cousin were in town so we were quite the crowd. There were moments of economic conversation, Dane puking repeatedly on their freshly cleaned carpet, more stinking good food, dancing to "The Cat Came Back" and appreciation of fine music. Every child fell asleep in the car on the way home.
This morning at church we had Dane dedicated. Baby dedications are more about the parents than the baby (or child) in our church. Parents stand up in front of the church with their babies and make a public declaration to raise them in God centered homes. We don't believe in baptism until a person is able to make their own personal faith statement and commitment to Christ, whenever that might be, so this sort of takes its place. Dane was charming, chewing on a pen I forgot to set down in my seat and puking ever so delicately on the floor. We stood where we had twice before and promised to take responsibility for our child's eternal soul. Nothing like a hearty dose of terror to kill the morning coffee buzz!
What more can I say about the glory that is this weekend?? After church Greg and I made a brunch feast and even Dane participated, eating his first small bites of pancake. While Greg read I then rolled around on the ground with the kids, tickling and screaming and laughing, only thinking of my precious "DRY CLEAN ONLY" white pants once. Naps are in the works now but we have big plans for a Barnes and Noble run this afternoon.
We planned on shopping for a microwave this weekend, mowing the lawn, getting a new BBQ, and working on bills. None of that happened. We couldn't have planned it better.
A post church, rip your heart out we're so cute, family picture. Our little Danish Doodle, ready for his baby dedication.
The mama and her ducklings. (ONCE AGAIN I feel compelled to explain that this picture was taken after church and that Aubrey's hair was in controlled ringlets before church but quickly wilted during the above mentioned rolling on the ground play fest. )
Friday night Aubrey woke up crying because her legs hurt. She had her four year shots earlier that day so after some delicious medicine she curled up with me and watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". I love that girl.
Nathan is so easy to love on. He requires nothing more than tickles, body slamming, and a few nuzzles to thrive. His laugh is awesome. I love that boy!
Dane goes everywhere, doing whatever he pleases. He is working hard on his F major chord. He loves being like one of the big kids and already has that naughty twinkle in his eye. I love that boy!
Thanks Jen, once again, for inspiring a photo shoot. Behold, a trio of Jones booties!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Decadant
Posted by Sara Jones at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awesome! I have to say, your blog from a couple of days ago, made me teary-eyed, mostly because I felt the exact same way. But today, I was pure smiles and giggles reading this blog because I love to see families interacting like that! I am so glad that you were able to rejuvenate yourself! Congrats!
What a fabulous weekend! It sounds like it was a family centered, nothing else in the world matters kind of weekend. They are so important!
I have to say that I love the picture of you and Danish! He's got such a cute smile and you look great...I'm still lovin' the bangs!
Enjoy your Barnes and Noble trip this afternoon! Love you!
Ah yes, blogs spewing joy rather than despair are fabulous! Don't you just love weekends like that which are pure fun, a person really needs and deserves that every now and then
We too have had a wonderful weekend with KayLynn, David and the Claire Bear. We really haven't done anything but eat and show off Claire but what could be better than that.
HERE'S TO GLORIOUS WEEKENDS!!!!
And by the way, every one of the pictures are ADORABLE!!! And by the way you big dork, nobody said anything to us about our grandson being dedicated on Sunday. Poor granny and gramps, I guess we're not important any more.
Sara, you look fabulous. Love the outfit and hair. Do you shop at Ann Taylor or something? Didn't you know that as a mother of three you are supposed to look frumpy and tired...your making the rest of us look bad:) just kidding. Congrats on the Dane's Dedication!
Post a Comment