Wednesday, September 17, 2008

NieNie Dialogues

Have you heard for Stephanie and Christian Nielsen? Maybe, being as their family has been on the Today show and their story is international at this point. Stephanie has kept a blog called the NieNie Dialogues (www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com) for several years, detailing her motherhood experience to her four young children. This blog had quite a following so many people were devastated to learn that Stephanie and her husband had been in a private plane crash the middle of August. Christian Nielsen has 3rd degree burns on 35% of his body and Stephanie Neilsen has them over 80% of her body. Bloggers around the world have raised through on line auctions over $100,000 for them. If you want to be inspired by a couple and their family check out her blog. There is link off to the right to her sister's blog, who is currently providing the updates on the couple. It is a powerful testament to the beauty and endurance of family, hope, and faith.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I've never heard of those people but will check up on them. That is so sad, I surely hope there's a happy ending.

Jenny said...

I too had never heard of them, but I have just spent over an hour reading both their blog and Stephanie's sister's blog...and I have tears streaming down my face.

What inspiring people and such a sad story. I wish I lived each day with as much passion as they have. I will certainly be following her sister's site to stay updated on their recovery.