Dane is a crawling contradiction. He is skinny. He loves to eat. And eat. And eat. He loves to move. And move. And move. He loves to barf. And barf. And, you get the idea. He is also ridiculously cute and loving and snuggly.
Nathan loves to give running hugs and intertwine his fingers with yours, like 5th grade lovers at Skateland. He is so proud of his ability to be two and to eat apples whole. (My boy eats them straight to the core.) He also has requested to be called my "Big Man" instead of "Little Man."
Aubrey is the fairest of cows. She was certain she wanted to be a cow for Halloween. That was until we went costume hunting yesterday and she laid her eyes on this beauty. She fell in love. You may call her bride, Cinderella, or Tinkerbell. I call her awesome. She has seen a lot of brides lately and told me she thought Aunt Lianna and Aunt KayLynn would love her dress.
There are other Jones happenings. Greg's company has been putting on a User's Conference, a big, swanky, schmoozing event for prospective clients. These clients include the likes of Apple, UPS, and Continental Airlines, among others. He is presenting to three groups today on his portion of the product. He essentially rocks. Send prayers via God to him today at 3:00 p.m.
We also dined with the lovely Megan and Geoff this week. It's always too long between visits but we enjoyed every minute. Geoff and Greg orchestrated an economic strategy for our sputtering country and Megan and I talked of class reunions and vacations. (Just so you know, Megan and I are both articulate and informed on current economic happenings but chose to converse on lighter topics than possible Depressions.) Speaking of $$, Lianna and Matt, are you still with Wa Mu? How's that treating you?
Lastly, say prayers for our nephew Jonny. He is going in for bilateral hip surgery on Tuesday. This is going to be tough on him and his mommy and daddy. Pray for a successful safe surgery, good pain meds, encouragement for Julie and Jason, and a hearty dose of sleep for everyone.
Friday, September 26, 2008
If you're happy and you know it say something absurd
Posted by Sara Jones at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know it shouldn't be possible but those cherubs get cuter by the day. I can't believe that little turd Dane is already going to torture you by trying to climb the stairs. Weren't you JUST saving Nathan's life on them?
And I find if adorable that Aubrey wanted the wedding dress, I'm sure she does think she needs one after being in two weddings in under a year. When I was iChatting with her about the dress and asked her if she was a bride she said "I'm not getting married, I'm too little". I'm hoping she thinks that for at least 20 ore years!
What a fun post! The pictures are adorable as usual. A few comments...
1. What on earth was Dane eating? And it cracked me up that you put a bib on him. It looks like it really helped. :)
2. Your little girl is such a sweetie. What a beautiful bride...talk about a flash forward into your future!
3. Nathan is such a BIG man. He is getting bigger and bigger by the day--I think you guys will have quite the basketball player on your hands. :)
How did Greg's presentations go today? I'm sure he did a fabulous job and landed all the accounts! (or whatever it was that he was trying to do. :))
I'm starting to feel the need for Jones family fix...I so wish we lived closer to you guys. Sigh. Any Yakima trips planned?
Post a Comment