Monday, September 1, 2008

How to turn four years old




To properly turn four you need the following things in varying doses:  your favorite heart dress, french braids in your hair, a purple star cake with your name on it (the description of her cake was VERY specific), nearly 20 family members, pancakes with whip cream and fruit, chocolate milk, an obscene pile of presents, your diva "I'm the Birthday Girl" personality, tearing through said presents with feverish haste as though your brother could jump in at any moment and open them for you, basking in the glow of the attention as everyone sings to JUST YOU, blowing out the candles, not touching your cake or ice cream because you are stuffed with pancakes, spending the night by yourself with Grandma Julie and Grandpa Wayne in their hotel room, going swimming at the hotel, eating a doughnut for breakfast, watching way too many movies, watching just one more movie because "It's still my birthday", playing with new presents, screaming at Nathan for touching the new presents, asking when you will turn five, throwing just one tantrum about tags being too scratchy on your new dress, sleeping like a rock because you aren't napping and are exhausted, and saying over and over again, "Aren't birthdays fun?"  Yes my dear Aubrey, they are so much fun.  

Happy Birthday honey, we love you!

The queen bee herself
Grandma Marian and Grandpa Jones with 3/4 of their grandkids
Grandma Julie and Grandpa Wayne holding 1/2 of their grandkids.
My grandparents meeting their newest great-granddaughter Claire
The excitement of birthday morning

What's so funny KayLynn?
Uncle David, may I eat your food off your plate with my hands?
Uncle Matt is jealous that he didn't get any presents.  Aunt Lianna is consoling him.
The curly haired girls
I am the third child and always along for the ride
My first Barbie doll.  Aunt Hannah played with it the most.
It only took three tries to blow them out.
Uncle David said the cake looked like it should be at a Bat Mitzvah, being as it looks suspiciously like the star of David.  
I ROCK!
Being four is awesome!
When do I get my piece of cake??

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ahh!! I so enjoyed all the pictures. Happy Birthday to sweet sweet Aubrey! Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Jules said...

My favorite part was when Aubrey said to me "I should probably pick out another movie since it's still my birthday". Boy did she figure out how to play that birthday card in a hurry.

What a fabulously fun weekend, it's a little depressing being back to reality today after all the fun. Of course it will be good to start eating like a regular human being again and not a wolf because I am running out of draw sting pants.