Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh, the things they say

Some history on this story. Aubrey has lately been telling us little lies, like, "No, I did not hit Nathan", as I see the red mark on his arm and the guilt on her face. We have been discussing what lies are, what truth is, and why telling the truth is important. That brings us to today.

Aubrey did not want to nap. She told me she would be scared even though she has napped in our bedroom since she was two. She told me that she was scared of the fan so I turned it off and covered it with a towel. She told me that she would be so lonely. I proceeded to explain to her why she didn't need to be scared, why the fan wasn't scary and why I frankly didn't care if she was lonely. Aubrey was in a huff now and said with her most serious voice, "MOM, I am telling you the truth, you are telling me LIES!" I couldn't help myself, I laughed out loud. She was ticked that I laughed at her, which I agree stinks, so I pulled myself together and restated my case. She continued to frown at me and said, "Hmm, more lies." Man, I had to leave the room, I was shaking from trying not to laugh out loud. Stinking hilarious kids.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Oh for the love of all that's holy that is hilarious!!! I can just hear the smarty-pants saying that too. I can't believe how quickly she picks up on stuff and then runs with it. The child is brilliant and cracks me up.

Carrie McCoy said...

I love how kids say things to crack us up when we are most irritated. I think they know that we might lose it if they don't act fast and say something cute! That was hillarious.

Jenny said...

It scares me just how smart little kids can be! Aubrey is just hilarious...I'm sure it was so hard to not laugh at what she was saying. :) Cute cute!