Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Accountability

The past two morning I have pulled my unwilling body out of bed and gone to the gym. At 5:30 a.m.

Let's begin by giving credit where credit is due . I am only entertaining this idea because exercise goddess, Angela Baerlocher, has been doing it for months. Yep, months. With three kids. And no sleep. And refusing to entertain her laundry list of excuses, as I have been doing. So, I am attempting to copy her and become a harder, firmer, more rock tight abs version of myself. You know, in two days.

Go ahead and ask me. Say, "Sara, are you still hitting the gym or does your stomach remain a flabby waste (waist, hahahhaha) land?" Or, "Sara, I thought you were going to the gym, how come your triceps continue to sway in the breeze?" Or, "Sara, if you intend to blog about something then you'd better follow up with a hot body and a rockin' success story. Otherwise, what a waste of my reading time!"

Make me 'fess up. I don't care if you say it from your couch, eating a bag of potato chips. I am ENCOURAGING YOU to nag me, pester me, and make a general nuisance of yourself. My gluts will thank you for it.

4 comments:

tara said...

I am proud (ok, and a little jealous) of your new-found determination. It's as if you don't consider running after 3 kids all day exercise enough. ;-) My lifestyle is pretty sedentary. I sit all day and count walking to the fax and copier my daily exercise. If I'm feeling extra flabby I'll do a power walk around the neighborhood in the evening.
You must share (hence I'm holding you accountable!) what methods you're using---8 minute abs, buns of steel, taebo, treadmill?!

Jules said...

What a stud you are Sara! I suggested that we join that exercise boot camp I told you about to your Dad and he at least attempted to act interested till I too said it was at 5:30 a.m. He then gave me the stink eye and went and got a bowl of ice cream. I think that meant no. I am still going to look into it though and maybe I'll guilt him into doing it. Remember, they say it takes 6 weeks to develop a habit so you only have to hang in there for 5 1/2 more weeks and you'll be breezing through it after then. GOOD LUCK!!! I'm very proud of you!

Angela said...

Yea! Thanks for the kind words. The only reason I get my butt out of bed half the time is because I have to meet my brother there. But once I am there I LOVE it. I love starting my day with an hour of me time, its like my attitude is better because I have already done something good for myself. Plus I am showered and ready before my kids wake up...occasionally I have a cup of coffee down before they get up...those are the glorious mornings. I hope you find it as energizing as I have...I am sure you will. Here's to being healthy moms!

KayLynn said...

If you don't have time to go to the gym you can always invest in a couple thousand 8-count body-builders throughout the course of the day... worked wonders for me in boot camp. Or you can just go to the gym. is it okay if I call you "Fatty McFatterson?"... you know, just to motivate you?