Would you like to know Nathan a bit better? Here are some glimpses into his mind.
Nathan has woke up the last three nights wailing about something. He is clearly not awake and goes back to sleep when escorted to bed. This is what he has cried about.
Night 1: "I NEED A SNACK, WHERE IS MY SNACK, SOMEBODY TOOK MY SNACK!"
Night 2: "I NEED MY BINKY, WHERE I MY BINKY???" (Hey, don't judge, he only uses it while sleeping.)
Night 3 (last night): "I NEED CHICKEN NUGGETS, GET ME SOME CHICKEN NUGGETS, WHO TOOK MY CHICKEN NUGGETS?!?!"
Another conversation with Nathan:
A few nights ago while getting ready for bed he was sitting naked on our stairs while Dane was crawling around around on the floor below him. In his most polite, sincere voice he asked, "Mommy, can I jump on Dane?" When I declined this proposition he looked down at his naked self and said, "I pointed my pee pee into the potty." Yeah Nathan. Then, he looked back at me and said, "Mama, PLEASE can I jump on Dane?"
Now it's Aubrey's turn.
Aubrey has been taking gymnastics and is afraid to do a somersault. Nathan can turn one somersault after another because he has no thought to personal safety. After he tried to show Aubrey how to do them she got annoyed and said, "I do not want to talk about my somersaults anymore!" Later she said, "I'm so done with talking about my somersaults."
Aubrey is currently fixated on gender. She asks me all the time what gender animals are, all her stuffed animals are girls, and grows indignant about stories where everyone is always a "he". I switch the words into female pronouns to satisfy her frustration. So, imagine my surprise when yesterday she was playing with two stuffed dogs and I realized one was a boy and one was a girl. I asked her if they were friends and she said, "No, the girl puppy just bites the boy puppy." Poor guy, that was his only role the whole time she played with them. I think this is subconscious frustration with her brothers coming out.
In parting:
I asked Aubrey and Nathan yesterday what they wanted to be when they grow up. Aubrey said she wants to cook. Nathan said he wants to play with lions.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Kid Quotes, Part XXI
Posted by Sara Jones at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gotta love those kids. I still love that Aubrey insisted on iChatting me the other day to show me the picture of the GIRL cat and the girl cat poop.
And it looks as though I'll be going to the circus a lot when Nathan is an adult then huh.
Oh my gosh, this is hilarious, I was laughing out loud. Your kids crack me up. See you tomorrow!
This is so funny. Tyler does the same thing, he'll ask if he can squeeze(which is his language for pinch) grace! He'll say, "can I squeeze her? Can I? Can I?...I'm goonnnaaa!". crazy boys.
Love it, love it, love it! I've said it before but I think kids say the most hilarious things!! And your kids do not disappoint...they are too funny. :) Little miss Aubrey is 4 going on 14! "I'm so done..." I love it.
Post a Comment