If you'd like an easy to understand explanation of some of the current credit woes these videos are a useful tool. They come from an NPR (National Public Radio) show called "Marketplace". I don't know about the rest of you but economic and credit conversations have become a topic of great interest in the Jones household.
Crisis explainer: Uncorking CDOs from Marketplace on Vimeo.
Untangling credit default swaps from Marketplace on Vimeo.
2 comments:
VERY interesting and very disturbing.
I haven't listened to these yet, but I absolutely love NPR's Marketplace. I listen to NPR exclusively on my drive home.
It's a scary market right now, and we're feeling a lot of effects of it at work. Being in the real estate industry we're smack in the middle of it. Luckily Austin has not been nearly as affected as other areas. I hope 2009 will bring many positive changes.
Post a Comment