Monday, October 13, 2008

Nothing to fear but fear itself

Today at gymnastics Aubrey did three somersaults. Her coach helped her with the mechanics but she conquered her biggest fear, being upside down. There are so many surprising things about being a parent. There are challenges you never expected but also rewards of the same nature. Watching the look on Aubrey's face when she did it, the high fives to her coach, her anxious determination the next time around, it was awesome. Having a front row seat to watch your little person look a fear in the eye and over come it is so cool. I was bursting with pride.

3 comments:

KayLynn said...

That's awesome! As usual I = so proud of the Jones children. I think John Wayne said it best when he said that courage isn't not being scared, it's being scared but doing it anyway. So kudos Aubrey!

Unfortunately I am yet to conquer my own greatest fear: all things smaller than myself. I am relatively large; thus I live in a constant state of terror.

Jules said...

I'm so proud of my big girl! Give Aubrey a big kiss from granny and gramps and tell her I'd love to help her do a somersault when she's here with us this weekend and I'll take a picture of her being so brave. I too am crazy about those Jones kids and there's also a certain Brandon cub I can't get enough of. My grandkids are AWESOME!

Angela said...

AWESOME! As a mom of another little one who has many fears I can really relate...totally awesome story!!! :)