Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dance Party 2008

Tonight the Jones family rocked out to "Fire" by the Pointer Sisters, "Callin' Baton Rouge" by Garth Brooks, and "Zoot Suit Riot" by Cherry Poppin' Daddies. (When did the name of that group become common vernacular. It's so gross!) Dane was snoozin' so the four of us went crazy, shaking our heads, jumping, swinging kids around, singing loudly, and being generally insane.

When we were cooling down to Bob Dylan Aubrey said very softly to me, "I like being a little person." I gave her the "you-rock-my-world-oh-lovely-child" face and she said, with a knowing expression on her face, "Did that break your heart?" Who is this person in my house? She is hilarious!

2 comments:

Carrie McCoy said...

This blog cracks me up, because it reminds me of our house! We rock out to Cherry Poppin' Daddies as well! :-) I absolutely love those nights when we are all laughing, playing, singing, and having a good time!

Jules said...

How is it this got posted on Weds. and I'm just seeing it? I'm obsessive and check blogs numerous times a day. I don't believe it.

Anyway, such a cute dance story with the ending comment from Aubrey. So, so priceless. I'm glad you're writing all of this stuff down. Have you found a way to save all your blogs?