The Jones Family rang in the fall season with our annual pumpkin carving evening. When you have three little children there are new things that occur with each holiday. For one, we have our Dane this year, who likes his pumpkin best raw and straight off the vine . Grandma Marian joined us this year and lent her elbow grease to the scooping out of pumpkin guts. Aubrey gave her daddy SPECIFIC instructions on how her pumpkin was to be done (carved happy face followed by her marker art all over the remaining sides) while Nathan happily did whatever his sister was doing. Greg and I marvel at how much fun it is to do all these things again with our children, it's getting to be a kid again. We ended the night with popcorn and hot chocolate, which is about as good as it gets.
Are you wondering how a sister's picture fits in to all of this? I was reminded at Bible study today about how blessed I am to have my sisters. This may be news to you, but some people don't have sisters. Some people have sisters and don't enjoy that relationship. And here I am, with three sisters of my very own, all whom I love and adore. It is a constant, unearned blessing that I know I take for granted. Thank you to KayLynn, Lianna, and Hannah for being funnier, kinder, more thoughtful, more generous, more loyal, more fun, and a whole lot cuter than any other trio of sisters out there.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The great pumpkin and a tribute
Posted by Sara Jones at 2:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
First I was sitting here with warm fuzzies over the pictures of the fun pumpkin carving night and then I had to run for a Kleenex over the sister tribute. I feel that way about all FOUR of you. I'm a lucky, lucky mama AND granny!
What a fun night! I cannot wait to start doing things like that with Anna. I'm afraid if we tried that this year she would end up with a gut full of pumpkin seeds!
And I agree with your mom...what sweet things to say about your sisters. I am one of the ones that did not have a sister in my family, but always looked at all four of you as sisters to me. I've lived vicariously through your family for the "sister experience" for the last 19 years and am looking forward to being blessed with you all in my life for the next 30. Each of you are great in your own way and I love you all!
Post a Comment