Friday, October 10, 2008

One Fine Day

It is a sunny Friday afternoon and you'd be lucky to be a Jones today. Here's what you're missing.

We have bedazzled our house for Halloween. You can do a lot for a mood with a $2 bag of fake webbing and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" blaring in the background. Plus, there is a batch of Halloween cookies waiting to be frosted after nap time.
The Jones/Montgomery/Brandon Families are all gathering here this weekend in honor of Hannah's 20th birthday. We will have a celebratory shot of tequila in honor of the missing Sackmanns. Pounds of food promise to make a rockin' party.
It's Friday and that means Greg is home for the next two days. Contrary to common belief you can indeed be married for 8 years, have three kids, and still want to kiss all day.
I let Aubrey wear her bride costume to the grocery store today. She was a star! She couldn't stop smiling and no one could stop smiling at her. The photo lady at Albertsons took pictures of her for their Halloween display. She also took a picture of Nathan when he hung his head and leaked out a tear. Women from the bank gathered around her and gasped and gushed and refused to stop touching her hair. Aubrey told everyone, "I am 4 and I'm going to marry Nathan."


Nathan told me this morning, after a rousing b-ball session that he "starts with two hands and ends with one" when shooting his basketball. Greg has been showing him the ropes and that kid is listening. The comment necessitated a work phone call to daddy who wept with pride into the phone.


Dane loves his mommy best. You want to hold him? NOT A CHANCE! He will burrow his little head onto his mama's shoulder, grinning away. You think I'm gonna give him up? NOT A CHANCE!

Happy trails to you!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great post! It just made me happy reading it. What a great day!

Have a fabulous time with your family in town. Oh and by the way...Hannah is 20?!?! What in the world is going on? I feel old.

Angela said...

GEEZ, can you make me miss you any more, I mean REALLY! Your house looks awesome, you've inspired me to decorate ours too. And I am with Jenny, Hannah turning 20! I met you, what 7 years ago??? She was 13! Time flies by. Oh, and I have to comment on your wanting to kiss all day...you DO know that is how the 3 children came to be right? :) LOL!