Dane. Danish. Danish Doodle. Danish Dumpling. My sweet little Danish. My freshly baked pastry. (You know, because Danish's are a delicious food as well as a succulent boy.) Too bad for Dane, the two knick names that haven't caught on are DANEgerous and Great Dane. Both are distinctly more studly than Danish Dumpling.
And yet, he is our little doodle. And then again, not so little. Eight days until my baby turns one. I can't believe it and yet I can because I have two other little examples of how quick time goes. Dane is ridiculously fun right now. He is THIS CLOSE to being a full time walker, is into everything that his siblings wish he wasn't, crawls up to me and lays his head on my lap for no particular reason, and already has a squeal down that means, "I just saw Aubrey and Nathan have a piece of chocolate and I want one too."
He is a great baby performer as well. He knows all the tricks. Clapping his hands, high fives, giving kisses, dancing to his favorite song. He also knows how to wake up at 5:30 a.m. and refuse to go back to sleep until he is snuggled in bed between mom and dad, holding both of their hands. But that is another story.
Lest you think that my rose color shades are on, let me tell you, he also has mastered the wailing back arch. How dare you take away that trachea sized marble! He flops back screeching, back arched, face red, and let's it go. You can repeat that scenario for nearly any wrong he thinks has befallen him. He also knows the third child cry. I have no watched him try to take something from Nathan than cry and look at me when Nathan won't relinquish it. He is already faking an injury to get his brother in trouble.
Our little Dane has blue blue eyes, big hands, curls on the back of his hair, and a gentle spirit. Marian, Greg's mom, says he reminds her a lot of Greg. I can think of no greater compliment.
I love you Dane!
Monday, January 5, 2009
A boy with a thousand names
Posted by Sara Jones at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was so funny because when I was helping Dad move in to his office on Saturday I made the observance that he only had one picture of Dane there so I said "You need another picture of the Doodle". He said "Of the WHAT????" And I said "Of Doodle". "What in the heck is a Doodle?????" "DANE!" "Why are you calling him Doodle?" "Because that's one of his nicknames". "Well I have never heard THAT!" He looked at me as though I'd sprouted a Santa beard right in front of his very eyes. I mean really, how many times has he heard Danish Doodle? Oh well, you'd think after 30 years I'd be used to him not listening. Anyway, I love the Doodle too!
I love this one...mostly because he and Anna are so close in age, and this entire post could be about Anna...to a T. :) You are so right; this age is ridiculously fun.
I am still laughing at Julie's comment! :) You CRACK ME UP! :)
I agree Jenny, with all 3 of our little ones so close in age we can totally relate! But Sara you seem to say it all SO well! Better than I could for sure.
Sara, I know I will be blasted for saying this but I just really think it's time for the Jones family to have another baby :) LOL!
Post a Comment