When was the last time you got into bed and thought to yourself, "You know, what feels like a right decision to me is to strip off all my clothes and draw all over myself with a red pen. Yep, that seems good. Better get cracking on that."
For Aubrey, she was struck by that wave of genius today during "nap" time. Also note, in an effort to keep this blog's PG rating I made her put on undies but I found her naked as the day she was born. I couldn't stop laughing.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Why, I just did this yesterday!
Posted by Sara Jones at 2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Just look how cute and happy she looks thought. I guess everybody deserves a little naughtiness in their lives now don't they. I think my grandbabies deserve whatever their little hearts desire!
Oops, obviously that word "thought" in the previous message was supposed to be "though".
Thanks for posting this, it made me laugh out loud! :) love it!
I like how proud she looks in the last picture! I also like how she carefully colored in her belly button. :) You are too funny Aubrey!
Ironically, I have similar thoughts all the time... although not usually in bed. Ever wonder why I was discharged from the Navy?
A stroke of Artistic genius if you ask me. Post-Modernism with a twist. A debonair answer to the avant garde debate pertaining specifically to whether Art should be representational or abstract. In this piece, the artist combines abstract and reality beautifully and flawlessly.
Foregoing the need for a representational example of the human condition, Aubrey Jones creates abstracted work on her own body thereby relaying her emotion through quick, fluid pen strokes on her own skin.
The red is to denote suffering. The jumbled quick, non-inersecting jagged strokes on her right leg represent discord and confusion in the world. The single stroke on her left leg represents emptiness and the need for redemption. The marks on her abdomen take on a whole new life in this light. The lines crossing with such fluidity...an obvious tie to unity.
Transcending the cliche imagery provided by traditional tattooing Aubrey Jones has opened a plane in art very few have ever touched.
This should be in a museum.
Kandinsky and Miro Have nothin' on my niece. (look up some of their work and tell me I'm wrong) =)
That girls got a 6 pack, what kind of workout routine do you have her on Sar?
Post a Comment