I thought in honor of the new year I'd take the next few days and high light each family member. I guess that's my way of saying that my New Year's resolution is to love and appreciate my family just the way they are. The age they are, the work they are, the fun they are, TODAY. As is says in Kung Foo Panda (go ahead, laugh amounts yourselves), "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."
This is the way it works around here. Each kid seems to live in a cycle. They will be lovely, charming humans for weeks on end and then BAM, the cycle of stinkerhood begins. This lasts for a few weeks, during which time whom ever is putting me to task really lets me have it. I am forced to grind in my heels, discipline around the clock, and remind myself that on the other side awaits peace and a child who others will enjoy being around. The process nearly kills me every time. I am truly terrified to see what this cycle looks like on a 15 year old.
Nathan (I know, are you shocked?) is letting me have it right now. Without boring you with the details, let's just say that his name has switched from Nathan Paul to Nathan he-who-will-shout-and-and-scream-and-kick-and push-and-disobey-and-spill-and-dump-
and-trample-and-MAKE-AUBREY-SQUEAL Jones.
The last two days he has taken my last nerve and tap danced on it. BUT THEN Nathan, that naughty little boy, flexes his charm gene. The one that is woven into his very being and radiated through his smile. And oh, when he does it, ladies of the world swoon and men bow before his mightiness because he cannot be resisted. He is IRRESISTABLE. Kiss you until I chap your cheeks, forgive all wretched behavior, snuggle you to sleep IRRESISTABLE.
I guess all of this is to say that Nathan, while truly making me want to scream the past few days, has saved his life over and over again by one minute dumping brand new finger paint all over our table and floor to in the next minute saying sadly, "Mommy, where is my Daddy? I just miss him so much." This is one middle child that never allows himself to get forgotten.
Love you Nathan!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Naughty + Irresistable = Nathan
Posted by Sara Jones at 10:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nathan is basically just saying "By gosh I'm a boy, all boy, and I'm going to act like a boy so there". He is just so turdilicious! I was just looking at his picture the other day from the family pic that you have posted from Christmas and honestly, is there a cuter little boy in the world. I know, I know, Dane is just as cute, I still just say he's the cutest baby boy in the world. So hang in there, he'll continue to beat you up and charm the pants off of you the next second. He is such a Nathan. Boy do I love him!!!!!
Charming little Nathan. I liked your post. Seems to describe him just right! I love my niece and nephews!
P.S. I slept 3 hours last night. Feel free to gloat that you have company in the world of fun parenting! And actually, I'd love to blame my darling daughter, but she slept just fine. I, however, in an attempt to transition myself to moving her out of our room, didn't let myself fall asleep when I was feeding her at 12:30ish so that I could move her back to her bed. Which I did. And she didn't budge until 4:30 or so. But guess who NEVER fell back asleep????? So it's my own stinking fault.
First of all, GREAT family picture!
Okay, so I think that perhaps somehow Nathan and Tyler are talking without us knowing it. Tyler too has been well let's say a challenge lately. Its amazing how these little boys can really give us a run for our money huh!
Post a Comment