Of course I'll tell you what is driving me crazy these days. Thanks for asking.
The kids have a children's cd in the car. They have hijacked my speakers and now all I listen to in the car are folk singers doing quaint renditions of every children's song ever composed. I know most of them thanks to sister Hannah who spent the better part of her childhood carting around a Fisher Price cassette player blaring "Wee Sing Fun and Folk."
Except one song. The damn song in Italian. (I think "damn" is Italian for lovely.) It's catchy. It's got a groovin' beat. You want to sing it. I mean, even I want to sing to it. But it's in ITALIAN. I catch some of the words like "toot a toot le saxophona" and "ping a ping le mandolino". I spend the rest of the song straining to imagine what instrument he could be talking about next. "Wanga wanga...what could that be? A violin? A harp? A washboard?" He teases me, bellowing similar words yet taunting with 95% gibberish. It's like "Allouette". You know that song's about a bird getting all its body parts chopped off, right?
Oh, and speaking of random photos (nice segue, eh?), I totally copied my brother-in-law Jason's post idea and picked an IPhoto picture at random. I swear it was random. I also swear that it's awesome.
You got it folks. This is my sister KayLynn and her husband David getting down and dirty to "The Wiggles". You're welcome you guys, you are welcome. Consider it a house warming gift.
That's all folks!
Monday, August 24, 2009
I'll take Romance Languages for 500
Posted by Sara Jones at 8:47 PM
Labels: random photo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That picture is priceless.
p.s. I feel sorry for your kids that they hardly have any toys to play with.
That picture of KayLynn and David cracked me up from the start. It's especially funny knowing they really are dancing to a kid's song. They're so weird.
I can't agree with Jenny more! Infact, your "playroom" completely overwhelmes me!
Ok, you crack me up. Have you considered Googling the song to try and get the lyrics, or a translation? Very nice segue into the photo by the way. :) I LOVE random!
Post a Comment