Once there was just one sister in Spokane. Then another came. And another. Then the third sis moved to Pullman and we were all within about an hour of each other. Life was good. Then one sister moved to South Dakota. Now another sister is moving to Seattle in less than two weeks. Pullman sis thinks she's allowed to bail and head to Ireland in the spring. And then there will be just one sister left in Spokane. She is NOT HAPPY about this.
KayLynn and David are heading to Seattle so David can start law school. Seattle mind you, not Swaziland. They have a cute new place and a fun adventure ahead of them. I don't begrudge them their new bend in the road. I just wish it drove straight to my front door. Lianna and Matt moved back to Yakima which is way closer than Sioux Falls and Hannah is only going to study abroad for a few months but still....
The one up side is that I have sisters worth missing. I hope you have someone worth missing too.
Friday, August 14, 2009
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
remember that communal family living farm that greg mentioned a time or two? um, if we become a self sustaining family (you have a good start with the jalapenos) and have an abundance of land why couldn't we all live hut-to-hut? come to mention it, even if there is no land and a bad crop could we not still buy out a street and change then name to awesome lane? let's put on our thinking caps and lead this into a montgomery dream colony.
If you are nice, I'll let you borrow my sister Hana who lives in Spokane Valley?! Does that help? She can't replace your Hannah, but hey, they have the same name. She's real nice I promise. :) You can take care of her for me...I miss her terribly.
I love huts as well (have ever since I saw Return of the Jedi)...so Lianna's hut idea is highly appealing to me.
I'm a wee bit anxious to scamper away to the west side...but I'm also thrilled that I have people worth missing.
Post a Comment