Today while power washing the deck I met one of these:
I stop, drop, rolled, and screamed while firing away at our guest with a hose. The kids wanted to help me but were too spellbound by the dang spider to be of any assistance. Instead, they were inspired to do this:Glad I could oblige.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Inspiration takes many forms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! I love the creativity! :-)
Sara, what in the heck is wrong with you?!?!???!?? First you call me and tell me that appalling spider story when you know just saying the word spider makes me promptly do the heebie dance and then lo and behold, I go to read amusing stories about my beloved grandchildren on your blog and instead end up having to pump my own chest to get my heart beating again. You may never get another birthday or Christmas present from me AND you have to keep me supplied from this point on with chocolate-covered peanuts to help ease the pain. You are a mean, mean thing.
...from a picture in a book I read in 2nd grade, I'm pretty sure that's a Shamrock Spider. I have a weird memory like that. After doing some google searches on "Shamrock Spiders" it's possibly Araneus diadematus?
Not deadly, but basically a common garden spider...I guess.
Has Nathan made the connection that Spider-Man makes webs like that yet? I'm willing to guess that was his first reaction...
Post a Comment