Sunday, August 2, 2009

What's it worth to you?

Imagine if you will a man. A young man of 32. Who decides one fine Saturday to go water skiing for the first time in a year . A young man who spends Sunday moaning, pointing to all the spots on his back that need rubbed during church, claiming that the left booty cheek hurts more than the right, hobbling, chewing on Ibuprofen, and bemoaning how old he feels. He is a man who wants nothing more than to do nothing.


Skip forward a few hours. Greg and Sara (aka young man and smokin' hot wifey) have taken their family to the splash pad at the park because it's 100 degrees out. On this splash pad there is a bucket that fills and fills until it tips over and dumps water on the person below. Sara wonders out loud, "What would it take for you to stand under that bucket?" Greg, who is still a dim shadow of himself says, without hesitation, "I'd do it if I don't have to do anything once we get home."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."


Sara ponders. "But the house is a mess. I don't want to do all of bedtime and house cleaning by myself."


Greg, showing his desperation says, " Fine. I'll clean the kitchen but nothing else."


"That's is? If I put the kids to bed you'll stand fully clothed under the bucket of freezing cold water torture?"

"Yep."


And he did. He even stood over the top of a huge sprayer afterward just to "sweeten the deal."

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
p.s. If you haven't, please read the post below and comment. I'd love to hear more responses!

2 comments:

Angela said...

STILL LAUGHING!!! I can picture this all too well...hilarious!

KayLynn said...

Poor Greg... but I bet it was well worth it.